In general if you want to be successful look at what everybody
else is doing, and DO THE OPPOSITE!
Â I know that the evening news is supposedly full of doom and
gloom every night (At least that is what I am told, I donâ€™t watch
it) Â Â However, when you talk to friends and business associates
you probably hear the same thing I do, most Americans donâ€™t
seem to be effected by the poor economy, except in their
Â I just attended the Ky Boys High School state tournament
this week, record crowds attended from all over the state.
Gas, tickets, meals, hotels, didnâ€™t stop people.Â Â Â Everywhere
I travel restaurants are crowded every weekend, you
canâ€™t even get in the door.
Let me ask you a question, where has the money gone?
Has it disappeared?
No, money is still in the economy and it is still flowing.
It has not vanished from the face of the earth!
A couple of months ago I attended a sold out weekend
marketing class.Â Myself and everyone in attendance paid
$5,000 to be there.Â It was full.
I found it very interesting that about 1/3 of the class was
there from Detroit.Â There is no question that that area
has been hit very hard over the past few years.Â
Most of the attendees I talked to were still employed,
but â€œtheir window was openâ€ and they had decided
That they needed to learn NOW how to create additional
If you are involved in any kind of business right now,
NOW IS THE TIME TO PROMOTE LIKE CRAZY!
You can accomplish more over the next few months
than you ever would in a good economy.Â Now is not
the time to cut back on your marketing budget or your
advertising, now is the time to pour it on!
Â Personally, I have spent more on marketing in the last couple
of months than I did all last year, just ask my CFO.Â :]
Â Because I understand this law!Â Â Most of my competitors have
stopped their promotions.Â I am pouring it on.Â The same can
be said for you and your business, whatever it is.Â While the
competition is running scared and tightening their purse strings
now is the time to put every penny into marketing that you
A couple of years from now when the media decides it is
ok to make you feel good again, your competitors will be
spending big marketing dollars while you will be enjoying
the windfall from your current promotions.
Now is time to promote harder than you ever have, and
when in doubt, do the opposite of what everyone else is
doing and you will be way ahead of the game!
IF YOU NEED HELP PROMOTING ON THE INTERNETCLICK HERE
IF YOU NEED HELP PROMOTING WITH EBAY & ONLINE AUCTIONS CLICK HERE
It happened every Friday evening, almost without fail, when the sun
resembled a giant orange and was starting to dip into the blue ocean.
Old Ed came strolling along the beach to his favorite pier.Â Clutched
in his bony hand was a bucket of shrimp.Â Ed walks out to the end of
the pier, where it seems he almost has the world to himself.Â The glow
of the sun is a golden bronze now.
Everybody’s gone, except for a few joggers on the beach.Â Standing
out on the end of the pier, Ed is alone with his thoughts…and his
bucket of shrimp.
Before long, however, he is no longer alone.Â Up in the sky a
thousand white dots come screeching and squawking, winging their way
toward that lanky frame standing there on the end of the pier.
Before long, dozens of seagulls have enveloped him, their wingsÂ
fluttering and flapping wildly.Â Ed stands there tossing shrimp to the
hungry birds.Â As he does, if you listen closely, you can hear him say
with a smile, ‘Thank you.Â Thank you.’
In a few short minutes the bucket is empty.Â But Ed doesn’t leave.
He stands there lost in thought, as though transported to another
time and place.Â Invariably, one of the gulls lands on his
sea-bleached, weather-beaten hat – an old military hat he’s been
wearing for years.
When he finally turns around and begins to walk back toward the
beach, a few of the birds hop along the pier with him until he gets to
the stairs, and then they, too, fly away.Â And old Ed quietly makes his
way down to the end of the beach and on home.
If you were sitting there on the pier with your fishing line in the
water, Ed might seem like ‘a funny old duck,’ as my dad used to say.
Or, ‘a guy that’s a sandwich shy of a picnic,’ as my kids might say. To
onlookers, he’s just another old codger, lost in his own weird world,
feeding the seagulls with a bucket full of shrimp.
To the onlooker, rituals can look either very strange or very empty.
They can seem altogether unimportant …..maybe even a lot of nonsense.
Old folks often do strange things, at least in the eyes of Boomers |
Most of them would probably write Old Ed off, down there in Florida.
That’s too bad. They’d do well to know him better.
His full name:Â Eddie Rickenbacker.Â He was a famous hero back in
World War II.Â On one of his flying missions across the Pacific, he and
his seven-member crew went down.Â Miraculously, all of the men
survived, crawled out of their plane, and climbed into a life raft.
Captain Rickenbacker and his crew floated for days on the rough
waters of the Pacific.Â They fought the sun.Â They fought sharks.Â Most
of all, they fought hunger.Â By the eighth day their rations ran out.
No food. No water.Â They were hundreds of miles from land and no one
knew where they were.
They needed a miracle.Â That afternoon they had a simple devotional
service and prayed for a miracle.Â They tried to nap.Â Eddie leaned
back and pulled his military cap over his nose.Â Time dragged.Â All he
could hear was the slap of the waves against the raft.
Suddenly, Eddie felt something land on the top of his cap.Â It was a
Old Ed would later describe how he sat perfectly still, planning his
next move.Â With a flash of his hand and a squawk from the gull, he
managed to grab it and wring its neck.Â He tore the feathers off, and
he and his starving crew made a meal – a very slight meal for eight
men – of it.Â Then they used the intestines for bait.Â With it, they
caught fish, which gave them food and more bait……and the cycle
continued. With that simple survival technique, they were able to
endure the rigors of the sea until they were found and rescued (after
24 days at sea…).
Eddie Rickenbacker lived many years beyond that ordeal, but he never
forgot the sacrifice of that first lifesaving seagull.Â And he never
stopped saying, ‘Thank you.’Â That’s why almost every Friday night he
would walk to the end of the pier with a bucket full of shrimp and a
heart full of gratitude.
Reference: (Max Lucado, In The Eye of the Storm, pp.221, 225-226)
PS:Â Eddie was also an Ace in WW I and started Eastern Airlines.
A great example from the founder of Eastern Airlines. I hope you
enjoyed this story as much as I did.Â It seems to me that the
“Thankful” always accomplish more.
In the beginning there was the marketer. There are certain truths you come to understand the more time you spend making money online â€“ or trying to.
Witness the evolution of marketing online. Whether you are new to the net game or an experienced pro, there is one thing you will have in common if you are moving towards entrepreneurial success.
As you read this article you will realize what you have in common with all the other million dollar earners online, and what youâ€™re missing that can take you from where you are to where you want to be.
So letâ€™s get started shall we?
I will begin with a bullet point list and short explanation of the marketing necessities you want to have:
For starters, most established markets will already be using this by default:
- A Domain: something specific to what you want to promote like (ex.www.mysite.com)
- Hosting: a place to put your site, if youâ€™re planning on making money â€“ find a paid solution so you look like a credible business and you cut back on high traffic crashes.
- A website: your image your presence and your marketing message, donâ€™t get pulled into the trap I see everywhere of trying to put too many choices on your website. Maximize on the effectiveness by only giving one purpose to a page. For example if you want to build a list – focus all your efforts and copy on that singular focus, if you want your site to sell a product, then only put that focus on your site. Youâ€™ll also need a good editing program, and an ftp software to get this up and moving.
- A merchant account: If you have something to sell, people will need a way to pay you. There are a ton of great providers out there, but there are a specific few that give your visitors the security to pull out a credit card with assurance.
- An Autoresponder: This is a real necessity if you want a business and not just a hobby. When you have a family to support this is a real no brainer. This is your email follow up service. You get a name added to your list and this is where they go. You will use this to stay in touch and build relationships with your customers and soon-to-be customers.
- A helpdesk: in the beginning when your business and sales are small you can handle all the little questions and emails yourself. One of the things that will keep a small business is small is thinking â€œI can do that myselfâ€ if you want to truly grow; you need to share the workload (petty tasks) and focus on what you truly want to do creatively for your business.
- Membership Site software: once youâ€™re addicted to the internet marketing lifestyle, you will realize this oh-so-simple fact, itâ€™s great to make a sale, but itâ€™s even better to make a sale once and get paid for it every month. Continuity is king.
- Teleconferencing software: If you want an easy way to create and crank out high ticket products, audios and a transcript is an easy to make, high-value product.
Of course everything weâ€™ve touched on so far only scratches the surface, but these are the necessities that not only get you started but will make you above average. Keep your eyes peeled for more articles that will take you from beginner to winner.
Weâ€™ll cover resources that will help you stay organized and expand your business to make you truly prosperous such as:
-PDF creators and converters
- Mind mapping software
- Site tools to make your business a set and forget it â€“ money magnet
- Internet video and audio creating software
- And the how-toâ€™s of outsourcing
Keep learning, and most important: be persistent â€“ it will be a quality you share with the biggest money makers online todayâ€¦
To get more information or download your own copy of the Resource Report for free visit:
Dedicated to YourÂ Success,