It does my heart good to see people putting into action the ideas and methods we share. One of our subscribers sent me this video from one of our customers in my home state of Kentucky.
I have been teaching this simple postcard system for over 20 years, because it works. The name of the game is sorting through people! Amateurs try to convince, professionals sort!
Congratulations Billy on your SUCCESS!
Who does a search on You Tube for Dale Calvert? Other than my mother ..... it is probably someone interested in a home business. Over the next 12 months do you think someone may find Billy's video and contact him about his opportunity?
As most of you know this is what attraction marketers have been teaching people to do for years. You also probably know that as a general marketing principle Attraction Marketing turns my stomach as I talk about in detail in the 7 lies book. I have a distain for anyone who teaches people to fake it till they make it and call them selves a consultant, or home business expert when they have no track record of success. With that said, I think Billy simply gave an honest review and came across honest and sincere in his opinion.
Some of you may be thinking, "Of course you say that Dale, because he talked kindly about your How to Recruit with Postcards booklet on Amazon".
Don't miss this point. Don't go on YouTube and call yourself a consultant if you have no experience or track record. The RIGHT PEOPLE see right through that, and the worst waste of time is listening to someone who has never done what they are trying to teach you to do.
You heard Bill, he gives real numbers based on real experience. If you are going to do YouTube videos then pick out a product from any teacher or trainer, do an honest review and use their name in the title of your video! Who knows, your video may end up on a blog post!
SHOULD MARKETERS BE PODCATING?
Podcasting was really the in thing several years ago when it started. I remember subscribing to John Maxwell, Joel Osteen, Robert Kiyosaki, you name the respected personal development teacher, I subscribed to their podcast. At that time I was playing in a lot of Poker Tournaments, and would sit around the table listening to Joel Osteen on my Ipod. Does that strike anyone other that me as funny. For the record, I am not a gambler. I don’t play cash games, I play tournaments. I pay my entry fee and enter the tournament, like some play golf scrambles. I don’t do it for the money, I do it for the competition. Poker is really a people game with cards, and people have always fascinated me.
Ok, back to podcasting.
So why is podcasting having such a major resurrection? It is due to two key factors.
1. The growth and rapid adoption of smart phones. You can now get your podcast direct to your phone without having to hook up your iPod to the computer. When I am in Georgia I listen to certain Kentucky
oriented sports programs live on IHeart or their podcast replay daily
2. The explosive growth of an online media portal where you can publish and download your podcasts…. called “iTunes”
These 2 factors have provided the device and the channel to make podcasting effective, efficient and able to be distribute easily that wasn’t possible a couple of years ago.
Who is doing podcasting well?
According to Michael Stelzner from Social Media Examiner when they conducted a recent social media study discovered “that even though only 3% of marketers are currently using podcasting in their social media marketing strategy… 32% have a desire to learn how to use podcasting in their marketing efforts and 23% have plans to increase their podcasting activities in 2015.”
Add this to the growth of smart phones and the adoption on iTunes and you have a strong podcasting marketplace with a large upside.
An example is Pat Flynn. Pat’s podcast is called Smart Passive Income. Pat operates a very successful blog that is about creating passive income from focused blogging and content creation. He started his podcast 18 months after he got everything he needed because of his fear of creating a personal podcast. So even successful bloggers are human!
After 18 months of fear, he finally introduced his podcast in July 2010 its listeners have given it more than 500 five-star ratings. Mr. Flynn consistently ranks in the top 10 business podcasts on iTunes, including, at one point, earning a second place spot behind The Dave Ramsey Show which is one of my favorite podcast. (iTunes doesn’t explain how it ranks podcasts).
His podcast marketing philosophy is based on what he calls the “Exposure Cycle“.
The Exposure Cycle
Here are the 3 steps to exposing your podcast to the world and some of his insights on what is required to make a podcast successful.
To get exposure you need to be discovered.
He does this by:
• Making sure that the podcast is optimised for search engines with a keyword rich title, description and meta data. Also he optimises it on iTunes for SEO.
• Creating professional artwork which should be like the cover of a quality book
• Pursuing tactics that assist in getting the show rated and ranked in the top 10 on iTunes
Podcasts are much more sticky than an article on your blog as they keep people hanging around (the podcast manages to do that well for an hour). A blog post is read in a few minutes.
So how does he make it sticky?
• Works hard on creating a great first impression with the best quality sound he can create.
• Relevant information without fluff (I like that ?)
• Inject your personality
• Valuable content that is actionable and provides listeners with takeaways that answer the question of “what’s in it for me?”
• Social proof (he displays that there have been 3 million downloads and the fact that 50,000 subscribers regularly listen to his weekly podcast)
• Keeps them involved by voice techniques that make people “lean in” by repeating important points and dynamic voice changes from whisper to loud.
• Breaks the one hour podcast into 4 sections and signals the next transition with “Next we are going to talk about“
I don’t know how many times I have dropped into a blog and tried to find the social sharing buttons and discovered them at the bottom and wearing camouflage.
Any media needs to be easy to share and it isn’t just about the social sharing buttons.
So how does Pat make it easy for people to share his podcast?
• Obvious floating sharing buttons on the side bar
• Provides show notes
• Implements calls to action
• Syndicates his podcasts to the popular podcasting directory”Stitcher”
• Creates landing pages with their own domain name
• He also uses mobile optimisation which uses texting and a mobile landing page and an opt-in
If you want to learn more about podcasting from Pat you can check out his free podcasting tutorial which is six “step by step’” training videos to help you get your podcasting up and running.
Pat is not the only podcaster on the planet and in fact one of the most successful is a gentleman called Cliff Ravenscraft who podcasts under the show name “The Podcast Answerman” and has created more than 2,800 episodes since 2008. Cliff provides a 120 minutes of free instruction on how to podcast on his blog. Still not convinced?… then there some other significant bloggers and marketers that are stepping in to podcasting including Michael Stelzner, Chris Brogan, Michael Hyatt and even Seth Godin. Where there is smoke there is fire. Podcasting is worth checking out.
Below is an email on podcasting that I had planned on sending today. But my rule is when email become to long, they become an article. Please excuse the fact that I am not going to take the time, to format this as an article. It was originally planned as an email, and I have one more important project I want to get scratched off my To Do list tonight.
I hope you’re having a great day!
This was one of those smooth days when I was able to scratch several projects off of my “To Do” list with minimal interruption. It is an exciting time to be an entrepreneur,there are soooo many ways to grow and expand any business.
Tomorrow is my “personal education day” which I always enjoy. I will be going through the new Webinar Jam system. I have been using gotowebinar for years and don’t like the thought of learning a new webinar system. Sometimes along our paths opportunities drop in front of us that just make too much sense to ignore. This is what happened to a lot of marketers a couple of weeks ago when the webinar jams product was introduced to the market, but this is not the purpose of my email.
I guess the point I was trying to make is we must always embrace the constant evolution when we are entrepreneurs. We cannot get so stuck in our METHODS that we miss new technologies and ideas that can save us TIME & MONEY! You have heard me say many times embrace “Wisdom of the Ages” success principals, they will never change, they always have been and always will be. Methods are constantly evolving as technology moves forward. One of those methods is podcastng, which really is the reason for this email.
Respected marketer, Connie Green, recently put out a product on how you can host a successful podcast in 1 hour a month. After going through it, I’ve got to hand it to her – she explained the technical pieces of putting a podcast together.
This information is far better than any podcasting information I have gone through. Some of you are thinking, Dale I didn’t know you did a podcast! I don’t! At least not yet, but if I am ever going to make that move, this is the year. Like every decision we make, we have to look at the time it takes verses the value we can provide and the returns that can be expected.
Connie’s course includes PDF’s that go through every. single.step. it takes to launch a podcast, with screenshots and clear explanations.
If you follow her steps, experts agree you can have the technical side of your podcast up and ready within an hour. For me, that sounds like just what the doctor ordered if you know what I mean.
Many of our email subscribers should be doing podcast to build your business. You have the personality and podcast are a perfect promotional method for you. Seriously. If you’ve been holding yourself back from having a podcast because you’re worried about tech stuff (I get it!), pick this
course up immediately.
Beyond the technical pieces, the rest of her course is jammed packed with great insights from a podcast pro.
You will learn things like:
– 21 ways to get exposure for your podcast
– Insightful questions you can ask people during interviews
– How you can go from “zero” to successful podcast in very little time
– And a lot more.
I have always believed “Learn from those that have done, what you are trying to do”.
If podcast are on your to do list, like they are mine I consider this course mandatory.
If you’d like a very clear tutorial on how to set up a podcast I can not recommend Connie’s course enough. It is a one time low investment of less than 30 bucks with no upsells or monthly charges.
You can check out the course by clicking here.
One of the Secrets of marketing online is to provide valuable products in the niche you are working. If you are a network marketers you shouldn't constantly promote your lead capture page. mix it up a little bit! The MLM Training package at www.MLMTrainingGurus.com is the best MLM Training value on the Internet. The package sells for $9.97. The best part is after you invest $9.97 in this package, you receive a link and website where you can turn around and market this BEST SELLING package and keep 100% commissions. Check out the video below to learn more.
TOP 20 FREE Press Release Distribution Websites
About 10 years ago I did a hour training on how to use Press Releases to promote your MLM busieness. Over the years I estimmated that myself and our downline organizations have received over 1 million dollars worth of free newspaper advertising via press releases. You can use press releases to announce new products, pin recognition and promotions, attendance at a corporate event, etc. etc.
Now Presss releases services are all over the Internet and a great way to promote your business, products and events if you know what you are doing.
With all the news we write we need to make sure that these articles are delivered to the right audience, at the right time. This is where Press Release Distribution Websites come in handy. There are hundreds of them on the internet, some good and some not so good. We’ve put together this list of some of the Press Release Distribution Services we’ve found, researched and found worthy of mentioning to our readers here at MLMHelp.com.
Here are some guidelines to follow when choosing PR Distribution Sites to post your news to:
- You should use a site that has a Google Page Rank of 4 and higher because sites with lower pagerank will lower the credibility of your PR.
- Use PR sites that allows you to optimize your PR for search engines by using header tags, tagging, anchor text and other SEO techniques.
- Don’t use sites that use NoFollow tags. These tags are inserted into website code in order to stop the search engine from finding the site. Pretty useless and we’re not really sure why anyone would do this. So beware. You can look at sample press releases on a site and view code to see if these tags are included in the <head>.
So here are the TOP 20 FREE Press Release Distribution Websites we found. Remember to do your own homework and look at each one’s details to determine if it’s right for you. You really only should use a handfull of PR sites to get your news out there, if you post to everyone you’ll end up with overlap, and your news might not bet picked up.
FREE Press Release Sites
- Free-Press-Release.com – PageRank 5- The best part of using this site is that you can place banners on the press release that will point to your website. The paid service offered by this website has better ranking and many SEO benefits.
- Free-Press-Box.com – PageRank 5- Submitting your press release on to this site is really easy. FPB accepts free submissions as well as paid submissions.
- Free-Press-Index.com – PageRank 4- This PR site allows for instant submissions for free with inbound links to your site in place. For the paid service, they charge close $60, and distribute the release among 250,000 subscribers and journalists.
- NewswireToday.com – PageRank 6- The design of website is not so good and you will difficulty in navigation also. It offers common free distribution tools and the premium service will enable you to give logo, product picture and insert other features in the press release.
- 1888PressRelease.com - PageRank 5- The site has good pagerank and also gets good traffic. Active links are allowed. If you opt for their paid service, the placement will be better and you will get features like image galleries & permanent archiving.
- I-Newswire.com – PageRank 6- You get free PR distribution option to sites and search engines. If you opt for premium membership, the only difference is that you can add graphics on the PR.
- SB Wire.com – PageRank 4- It is specially dedicated site to small to medium-sized businesses. With the free service you can submit your press release and get connected to bloggers in your niche. For the paid program, they offer many packages starting from $14.95 to $99.95
- Free-Press-Release-Center.info – PageRank 4- It is a clean looking site and the increasing traffic level will increase the pagerank soon. You can do PR submission and distribution, include one link with the anchor text while availing free service. The paid service enables you to give three links, permanent archiving and has many more features.
- Online-PR-News.com – PageRank 5- The free submission service allows you to give one live link in the contact information area, you can have a search engine friendly title and meta. These releases will be archived. The paid submissions include social sharing buttons, and you can place 3 anchor text links, and also spice up your release with a suitable image.
- Add-PR.com – PageRank 3- This is a site, that allows only free PR submissions. You can leave a live link in the contact details section. The site is clean and crisp, and allows the exposure to potentially thousands of Internet media outlets.
- Big-News.biz – PageRank 4- This free submission site allows for easy registration, and you can quickly start on submitting your release. It allows for a link in the contact details section.
- News-By-Company.com – PageRank 3- This is free press release site, for small and medium business enterprises. It allows for a link in the anchor text and one in the contact information section. The interface is clean and the site has good credibility.
- PRLog.org – PageRank 6- It is an ordinary and functional looking site but results are good. It gives free distribution service for Google News and other search engines. Inbound links are allowed and the site is also properly optimized for search engines.
- Wide-PR.com – PageRank 4- This free PR site is pretty good with its services, as with every free submissions, you get live links automatically integrated into your free press release. You can also load 3 images and also your company logo.
- Press-Release-Point.com – PageRank 5- This is a free site where you can sign up for either distribution of the release or for writing releases or both. It allows for 4 links in the body and 3 links in the contact section.
- OpenPR.com - PageRank 5-This service distribution site is based in Germany. It provides free submission and distribution along with SEO benefits.
OK, so we could only find 16 FREE Press Release Distribution Websites worth mentioning. So we’ve included these TOP 4 PAID Press Release Distribution Websites
Paid Press Release Distribution Sites
- PRLeap.com – PageRank 5-The site is said to deliver reasonable results. It is nice and clean. The price of press release starts from $49 – $149, depending on the level of service you have opted for. The distribution is done on search engines, RSS feeds and newswires. .
- Press-Media-Wire.com - PageRank 4- This paid submission site offers three packages ranging from $19 to $99 per release. They assure you visibility with tools like video and pictures.
- PR-Fire.co.uk – PageRank 5- This paid site offers tailor made packages from £299, where they do all the work from sourcing a story to the final copy. They also allow for a free submission onto their site.
- PR.com – PageRank 6- The domain name is superb but you can say the services are not so appealing. The site has one free basic service and two paid services of $199 and $499. You can give full company profile by taking paid option.
This is the software we use for some of our Press Release Promotions.
SAMPLE PRESS RELEASES
I literally have hundreds of samples of press releases that have been published in newspapers over the years. This method works, online and offline.